Only 5 seats available!!
This two day, 6-hour instructor-led virtual training (VILT) session will help you identify common clauses that can negatively impact your rights and obligations when using the CCA 53 – A Trade Contractor’s Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts.
Subcontracts are becoming more and more confusing and onerous. As a Trade Contractor, it’s in your best interest to have a clear understanding of your contract before a problem threatens your business rather than after, when it’s too late.
We’ll also be taking a hands-on approach using actual subcontracts in class. Using a green, amber and red-light system, you’ll learn which subcontract clauses to be on the look-out for when reviewing contracts.
Significant clauses identified in the CCA 53 document:
- Design responsibility
- Performance specifications
- Conduit or flow-down provisions
- Scope of subcontract work
- Protection of work
- Temporary site facilities
Who should attend?
Trade Contractors, owners, contract administration and allied professionals in the construction industry.
- Virtual instructor-led training (live and online), with a maximum class size of 16 students.
- Facilitated by the instructor on the AdobeConnect platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the training.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation):
This course requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
- September 19, 2023 - 9:30am - 1:00pm
- September 20, 2023 - 9:30am - 1:00pm
Attendance in both sessions is mandatory for course completion.
Next Scheduled Date: November 8 & 9, 2023
- 1 - CCA Gold Seal Credits
- 6 - BC Housing CPD points
This course is offered in partnership with construction associations across Canada.