Learn how to proactively mitigate schedule delays and increased costs caused by change orders!
This two 1/2-day instructor-led workshop is delivered live and online. It will provide participants with best practices for successfully navigating this complex project management challenge.
- Identify changes from the original contract
- Document the changes
- Price changes fairly and realistically
- Present and negotiate changes collaboratively
- Understand the importance of early detection of change orders
- Negotiate delay claims caused by changes
- Understand the wording found in commonly used contracts eg., CCDC 2 and CCA 1
- Develop a change order process for a construction company
- Issue a notice of dispute
- Proactively negotiate fair time and material rates at the bidding stage of a project.
Please Note: You may not want to enroll in this course if you have taken our Construction Law 2-day workshop due to repeat material.
- March 20, 2023 - 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- March 21, 2023 - 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Full attendance during the entire period each day is required in order to receive a course completion certificate. Please register each person that will be in attendance.
Please note the following:
- You will receive an email with easy to follow instructions on how to join the virtual classroom 48 hours prior to the course date.
- Your course materials and handouts will be attached in a PDF format. It is recommended that you print the attachments prior to class as they will be helpful for notes and the various exercises to be completed in class. Print the slides attachment double sided.
- All students are encouraged to use the chat function to ask questions, as well as speaker and microphone during open session discussions.
You’ll need to make sure you have the following:
- Computer, laptop or iPad with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and have a keyboard.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
- 1 - CCA Gold Seal Credits
- 7 - BC Housing CPD points