This instructor-led course is delivered live and online in ten 3-hour sessions via Zoom.
This 30-hour course is the third and final course in our Estimating Series:
- Construction Document Reading (CDR)
- Estimating Material Takeoff (EMTO)
- Construction Estimating (CE)
It specializes in the function of estimating and the role of an estimator.
Learn the essential skills to prepare a complete cost estimate and bid submission by utilizing previous knowledge of blueprint reading and material takeoffs, understanding the construction processes, technologies, business, and relationships within the industry.
The first measure of a successful project hinges on an accurate estimate and successful bid.
- Introduction to estimating and bidding basics
- Characteristics of an estimate and a bid
- To bid or not to bid criteria
- Estimating costs
- Preparing a bid
- Assessing costs associated with risk management
- Code of ethics
- Putting estimates into action, estimating redesigns and revisions (addenda)
- Mock bid submission
- CDR or experience in blueprint reading
- EMTO or experience in material takeoffs
- Knowledge of MS Excel
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation):
- Computer or laptop with webcam, speaker and microphone are mandatory. (Cellphones are not allowed) This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
- Imperial/Standard and metric scale
- Assorted colored highlighters
- Pencil and eraser
- Red pen
- March 14, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- March 16, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- March 21, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- March 23, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- April 4, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- April 6, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- April 11, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- April 13, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- April 18, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- April 20, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
Please Note: There will be no classes on March 27th or 31st.
Attendance and participation in all ten sessions is mandatory for course completion.
REGISTER MORE & SAVE:
- Construction Estimating only - 2+ Registrants - SAVE $50.00 each...or
- Estimating Series (3 courses) - SAVE $300.00
- 5 CCA Gold Seal Credits
- 60 BC Housing CPD points