This instructor-led course is delivered live and online in ten 3-hour sessions via Zoom.
This 30-hour course is the second of three courses in our Estimating Series:
- Construction Document Reading
- Estimating Material Takeoff
- Construction Estimating
It is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to prepare quality and accurate material takeoffs.
- Introduction to the role of the Estimator, common units of measure and organizing your material takeoffs
- Prepare manual material takeoff sheets for the following items of work
- Excavation and Sitework
- Concrete Formwork
- Wood Frame
- Exterior Finishes
- Doors and Windows
- Interior Finishes
- Accessories and Equipment
- Recap and prepare final takeoff summary in digital (excel) format
- CDR or experience in blueprint reading
- Knowledge of MS Excel
- Computer or laptop with webcam, speaker and microphone are mandatory. This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
- Imperial/Standard and metric scale
- Assorted colored highlighters
- Pencil and Eraser
- Red pen
- January 17, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- January 19, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- January 24, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- January 26, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- January 31, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- February 2, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- February 7, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- February 9, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- February 14, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- February 16, 2023 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
Attendance and participation in all ten sessions is mandatory for course completion.
REGISTER MORE & SAVE:
- Estimating Material Takeoff only - 2+ Registrants - SAVE $50.00 each
- Estimating Series (3 courses) - SAVE $300.00
- 5 CCA Gold Seal Credits
- 60 BC Housing CPD points
Ticket Not Available? Click here
to add yourself to the waitlist. Please describe the ticket type you would like to purchase.