This instructor-led course is delivered live and online in ten 3-hour sessions via Zoom.
Also known as blueprint reading, this 30-hour course is the first of three courses in our Estimating Series:
- Construction Document Reading
- Estimating Material Takeoff
- Construction Estimating
Construction documents vary from simple to very complex, so understanding how to interpret the documents is crucial for completing the project efficiently and accurately.
This course is designed to provide you with the essential skills to understand a complete set of drawings: architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and civil, through the basics of lines, symbols & abbreviations, used by architects and consultants and their relationship to sections, details and project specifications.
- Design process and the role of design professionals
- Construction contracts
- Architectural and consultant drawings and how they fit together
- Architectural scales
- Floor plans, sections and elevations
- Lines, symbols, notation & abbreviations
- Dimensions, room finish schedule, door and window schedule and details
- Project specifications
- Shop drawings, site instructions and change orders
- Commercial and wood frame blueprints
Who Should Attend:
This course is ideal for new workers entering the construction industry as well as experienced workers without formal training or who may be considering or transitioning into a new role in their company that want to learn how to read and understand construction documents and blueprints.
Currently there are no prerequisites to take this course, however this course is a recommended for both the Estimating Material Takeoff and Construction Estimating courses.
- Computer or laptop with webcam, speaker and microphone are mandatory. (Cellphones are not allowed) This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
- Imperial/standard and metric scale
- Assorted colored highlighters
- Red pen
- November 15 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- November 17 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- November 22 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- November 24 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- November 29 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- December 1 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- December 6 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- December 8 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- December 13 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- December 15 - 4:00 - 7:00 PM
Attendance and participation in all ten sessions is mandatory for course completion.
REGISTER MORE & SAVE:
- Construction Document Reading only - 2+ Registrants - SAVE $50.00 each
- Estimating Series (3 courses) - SAVE $300.00
- 5 CCA Gold Seal Credits
- 60 BC Housing CPD Points
- 30 Core LUs