Learn how to proactively mitigate schedule delays and increased costs caused by change orders!
This two 1/2-day instructor-led workshop is delivered live and online. It will provide participants with best practices for successfully navigating this complex project management challenge.
- Identify changes from the original contract
- Document the changes
- Price changes fairly and realistically
- Present and negotiate changes collaboratively
- Understand the importance of early detection of change orders
- Negotiate delay claims caused by changes
- Understand the wording found in commonly used contracts eg., CCDC 2 and CCA 1
- Develop a change order process for a construction company
- Issue a notice of dispute
- Proactively negotiate fair time and material rates at the bidding stage of a project.
- You may not want to enroll in this course if you have taken our Construction Law 2-day workshop due to repeat material.
- Sharing a single registration between two or more individuals is NOT permitted. Please register each person that will be in attendance.
- September 22, 2022 - 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- September 23, 2022 - 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Please note the following:
- You will receive an email with easy to follow instructions on how to join the virtual classroom 48 hours prior to the course date.
- Your course manual and handouts will also be emailed to you in a PDF format. It is recommended that you print the handouts as these will be the exercises to be completed in class. You may also want to print the manual to follow along if you do not have a second screen.
- All students are encouraged to use the chat function to ask questions, as well as speaker and microphone during open session discussions.
- 1 - CCA Gold Seal Credits
- 7 - BC Housing CPD points