Construction is a team effort with owners, contractors, architects, and subcontractors performing key functions throughout the lifecycle of a project. The “Building Construction – Putting It All Together” workshop delivers a step-by-step review of the project lifecycle, from initiation through close-out, with specific attention to the unique roles and responsibilities of these stakeholders at each phase.
- Project Initiation - The Owner's Perspective
- The Design Process - Architect's Role
- The Tendering Process - Owner & Contractor's Perspective
- Project Delivery Methods
- Contract Law
- Preconstruction - Roles & Responsibilities: GC, Architect, Subcontractor
- Construction - Roles & Responsibilities: GC, Architect, Owner, Subcontractor
- Post Construction - Roles & Responsibilities: GC, Architect, Owner, Subcontractor
For a more detailed course outline please CLICK HERE.
Exclusive to this worskshop is a comprehensive 300+ page manual that is used as a reference and guide throughout the sessions. The manual is based on accumulated knowledge and experience gathered over 40 years in the construction industry. It is a valuable and effective tool that will be your construction knowledge go-to.
Who Should Attend: General Contractors, Subcontractors, Project Managers/Coordinators, Superintendents, Foremen, Engineers, Owners,
Procurement Professionals, Operations and Administration Personnel in the construction industry.
- Virtual instructor-led training (live and online)
- This course is facilitated by the instructor on the AdobeConnect platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- Four sessions (3.5 hours each) over four days:
- November 21 - 12:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- November 22 - 12:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- November 28 - 12:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- November 29 - 12:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Attendance in all sessions is mandatory for course completion. Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation):
This course requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
This course is offered in partnership with construction associations across Canada.