Foreperson is a Gold Seal designation.
This course is eligible for Gold Seal credits on your application.
This course is instructor-led and delivered live and online using the Zoom platform in two 1/2 day sessions. It is designed to provide Forepersons of all levels of experience and all trades with a strong foundation in practical task planning. It also serves as a good back-to-basics refresher for Crew Supervisors.
Working with hands-on, practical exercises, you will work through the various elements needed to put together a complete activity plan for your crew. Course topics include calculating manpower needs, determining material and equipment needs, building quality and safety into your plan and much more!
- Identify the benefits of planning and why we do it
- Understand what planning is, who should do it, what we should plan and when
- Follow the Planning Cycle of Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Know where to gather the information needed to put together a solid plan
- Plan crew task activities including: safety considerations, quality controls, manpower needs, material needs, equipment needs and working with other trades
- Build a 2 week lookahead schedule
- Create daily crew work plans
- Monitor and correct/update the plan if it goes off track
- Communicate the plan to others
- Using templates provided, develop your own task plans, 2 week lookahead schedules and daily crew plans
- Gather useful historical information to improve their future planning
- January 13, 2022 - 12:30 - 4:30 pm (PST)
- January 20, 2022 - 12:30 - 4:30 pm (PST)
- Computer or laptop (tablets and cellphones are not permitted) with speakers, microphone and webcam (webcams are mandatory)
- Participation in group discussions and other activities with your instructor and classmates during the course
- A quiet space with minimal distractions
Please note the following:
- You will receive an email with easy to follow instructions from the instructor on how to join the virtual classroom in advance of the training.
- Your course material will also be emailed to you in a PDF format. It is recommended that you print any handouts provided to be completed in class. You may also want to print the manual to follow along if you do not have a second screen.
- 1 CCA Gold Seal credits
- 8 BC Housing CPD points
This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations.