Forman is a Gold Seal designation.
This course is eligible for education credits on your Gold Seal application.
This live online virtual course is covered over 2-days in 4 hour sessions. It is designed to provide Forepersons of all levels of experience and all trades with a strong foundation in practical task planning. It also serves as a good back-to-basics refresher for Superintendents.
Working with hands-on, practical exercises, you will work through the various elements needed to put together a complete activity plan for your crew.
- Identify the benefits of planning and why we do it
- Understand what planning is, who should do it, what we should plan and when
- Follow the Planning Cycle of Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Know where to gather the information needed to put together a solid plan
- Plan crew task activities including: safety considerations, quality controls, manpower needs, material needs, equipment needs and working with other trades
- Build a 2 week lookahead schedule
- Create daily crew work plans
- Monitor and correct/update the plan if it goes off track
- Communicate the plan to others
- Using templates provided, develop your own task plans, 2 week lookahead schedules and daily crew plans
- Gather useful historical information to improve their future planning
- 1 CCA Gold Seal credits
- 8 BC Housing CPD points