The lack of prompt payment is one of the most significant issues SICA members and the construction industry as a whole face. Any delay in payments can have a significant impact on businesses in the construction supply chain. This impact can substantially harder on small and medium-sized businesses, even minor delay in payments can put these smaller businesses at risk of financial stress.
Ongoing - SICA is supporting the Canadian Construction Association's efforts to advocate for contractual payment and related terms that are fair, reflecting the industry consensus expressed in CCDC and CCA standard documents.
SICA supports the British Columbia Construction Association's effort to get a legislative solution for BC.
In addition, SICA acts as an advocate for members in local tendering questions and disputes.
- As of October 2018 Attorney General David Eby advised the British Columbia Construction Association that his office will undertake a consultation on Ontario's prompt payment legislation.
- On June 8, 2017 Public Services and Procurement Canada - PSPC and Defence Construction Canada announce they will publically disclose payments to prime contractors on construction contracts valued over $100,000
- On January 30, 2018, the Public Services and Procurement Canada - PSPC announced that they had commissioned Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP to provide the Government of Canada with a set of recommendations in relation to the implementation of prompt payment and adjudication legislation. The report is linked below.
- December 22, 2020 - Prompt payment legislation in the construction industry, Letter to the Editor, Vancouver Sun
- Public Services and Procurement Canada - PSPC Contract Payments Listing
- Defense Construction Canada Contract Payments Listing
- CCA's submission on federal payment legislation (March 2018)
- Report: Building a Federal Framework for Prompt Payment and Adjudication (June 2018)
- BC Construction Industry letter to Attorney General David Eby on Prompt Payment
- BC Construction Association's Advocacy & Issues
- Canadian Construction Association's Prompt Payment Information
Latest Construction Industry Statistics Reveal Strength Despite Pandemic Challenges
Compulsory Trades Training - Request for Consultation
Prompt payment legislation in the construction industry
Call to Action RE: Hard Hats
CCA Hill Day 2020
Construction Sector United in Fight Against COVID-19
Proportional Representation Referendum
As a Member you are a part of a collective voice, the SICA voice. Together, our voice is changing the construction community and helping your business grow through advocacy, networking events, affinity programs, direct business leads and more. Our voices promotes fairness, transparency and open communication in the construction industry. Join SICA to grow your business today and be a voice for our industry tomorrow.JOIN NOW