Community Benefits Agreement - BC
On July 16, BC’s NDP government revealed details of a highly controversial Community Benefits Agreement (CBA), mandating that all construction workers on government projects join a union regardless of their employer’s labour affiliation.
SICA, BCCA and the Regional Construction Associations across the province do not support this new CBA, which was developed without adequate industry consultation. Promoting fair, open, and transparent procurement practices is a SICA mandate and we denounce any subjective or preferential eligibility requirements.
Ongoing - SICA continues to work with the British Columbia Construction Association and our partner regional construction associations to promote fair, open and transparent procurement processes.
- BCCA and the 4 regional construction associations promoted a letter-writing campaign to BC MLA's.
- On September 17th, 2018 SICA Members met with the British Columbia Construction Association to share their feedback on the potential impacts of the BC CBA to the construction industry.
- BCCA is using the feedback from Town Hall's held across the province for their recommendations
- BCCA's Executive Summary of the BC CBA
- Town Hall presentation, summary, and in-room polling results
- Article: Pattullo Procurement Strategy Takes BC Construction a Bridge Too Far
- Article: BCCA's Response to the Province's Community Benefits Agreement Announcement
- BCCA and Regional Construction Association's open letter on the Community Benefits Agreement
Latest Construction Industry Statistics Reveal Strength Despite Pandemic Challenges
Compulsory Trades Training - Request for Consultation
Prompt payment legislation in the construction industry
Call to Action RE: Hard Hats
CCA Hill Day 2020
Construction Sector United in Fight Against COVID-19
Proportional Representation Referendum
As a Member you are a part of a collective voice, the SICA voice. Together, our voice is changing the construction community and helping your business grow through advocacy, networking events, affinity programs, direct business leads and more. Our voices promotes fairness, transparency and open communication in the construction industry. Join SICA to grow your business today and be a voice for our industry tomorrow.JOIN NOW