Your health and safety remains our priority as we continue to follow all provincial guidelines with safeguards in place to ensure a safe environment.
Designed for those responsible for the entry, planning and supervising of confined space activities; and for those administering employees and/or monitoring entry into restricted or confined spaces.
Confined space work involves some of the most critical hazards in the oil and gas industry, so it is critical to understand and plan for them before starting work. This course teaches participants to identify, understand and mitigate the potential hazards of working in restricted and confined spaces.
- Roles and responsibilities of workers, supervisors, managers and confined space monitors
- OH&S legislated standards
- Code of Practice and requirements for developing one
- Identification and classification of restricted and confined spaces
- Requirements for working in or around restricted and confined spaces
- Hazard assessment and control methods for restricted and confined spaces
- Entry planning and permitting
- Atmospheric testing
- Signage and tagging
- Emergency response
Please Note: Government-issued ID is required for certification.
- 1 CCA Gold Seal Credit
- 7 BC Housing CPD Points