Payment in the Construction Industry is a problem. This create problems for both the Owner and the Contractor as well as the other participants involved with the project (Consultant, Subcontractors, Sub-Subcontractors and Suppliers).
The Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) and the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) publish standard contracts and guides for the Construction Industry.
In this virtual instructor led training workshop, the Payment Process in Standard Contracts (CCDC-2 Stipulated Price Contract, CCA-1 Stipulated Price Subcontract, CCA-19 Stipulated Price Sub-Subcontract) will be reviewed along with contract language from non-standard contracts which can delay payment.
It is important to recognize when your client is trying to work language into the contract which delays payment (Pay-if-Paid, Pay-when-Paid, “Notwithstanding” clauses).
Guides covered by the course:
- CCA 28 – A Guide to Improving Cash Flow in the Construction Industry
- CCA 50 – A Prime Contractors Guide to Project Financing and Payment Security
- CCA 53 – Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
- CCA Banking Guide for the Canadian Construction Association
- CCDC 12 – Project Financial Information Disclosure Form
Who should attend?
Anyone who is involved with billings and payment: Managers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Project Accountants of all levels will benefit from the workshop.
Please note that we are experiencing a temporary interruption with online purchases - please contact our Training Centre at 778-721-8451 or email@example.com to register and pay for courses at this time.