This course has been approved and accepted through BCCSA as a NCSO designated course. Our instructor is trained and certified by Fusion Safety Services; a licensed OSSA and BCCSA Approved Training Provider.
This interactive 7-hour course aligns with Alberta legislation, but for those working in British Columbia, BC regulations are discussed as it pertains to fall protection. It includes an instructor led PowerPoint presentation, practical exercises, class discussions, videos, written knowledge test and practical exam.
MANDATORY - Each student must provide a harness for the practical portion of the training.
- The Fall Protection Standard requirements
- Legislation and regulations
- Fall restraint verses fall arrest
- Types of falls and effects
- Fall protection planning
- The training and competency requirements
- Rescue and escape planning
- Recognition, evaluation and control of hazards
- Completing a hazard assessment
- Fall arrest calculations
- Proper donning and doffing of fall protection equipment
Please Note: Government issued ID is required for certification.
This course is eligible for 1 Gold Seal Credit and 7 BC Housing CPD Points.