This Confined Space Entry and Standby course has been approved and accepted through BCCSA as a NCSO designated course. Our instructor is trained and certified by Fusion Safety Services; a licensed OSSA and BCCSA Approved Training Provider.
This one day course was developed for workers entering and working in or around confined and restricted spaces who must be trained in order to perform their duties in a safe and healthy manner. It includes an instructor led powerpoint presentation, class exercises, videos, and a written knowledge test.
- What a Confined Space and Restricted Space is
- The training and competency requirements
- Recognition, evaluation and control of hazards and completing a hazard assessment
- Classification of Confined Space levels
- Legislation requirements (Safety and Protection)
- Hazardous substances and energy (Isolation)
- Testing the atmosphere
- Ventilation and purging
- Neutralization and inerting
- Entry permit system
- Confined Space Standby Monitor responsibilities and duties
- Emergency response
- Personal Protective Equipment
Please Note: Government issued ID is required for certification.
This course is eligible for 1 Gold Seal Credit and 6 CPD Points.