Due to COVID-19 we have put a number of enhanced student and safety protocols in place to ensure we can continue to provide in-class training. Please click on the following link:
COVID-19 SAFETY UPDATE
This course replaces the former OSSA-approved Confined Space training courses.
Designed for those responsible for the entry, planning and supervising of confined space activities; and for those administering employees and/or monitoring entry into restricted or confined spaces.
Confined space work involves some of the most critical hazards in the oil and gas industry, so it is critical to understand and plan for them before starting work. This course teaches participants to identify, understand and mitigate the potential hazards of working in restricted and confined spaces.
- Roles and responsibilities of workers, supervisors, managers and confined space monitors
- OH&S legislated standards
- Code of Practice and requirements for developing one
- Identification and classification of restricted and confined spaces
- Requirements for working in or around restricted and confined spaces
- Hazard assessment and control methods for restricted and confined spaces
- Entry planning and permitting
- Atmospheric testing
- Signage and tagging
- Emergency response
This course is eligible for 1 Gold Seal Credit and 7 BC Housing CPD Points.