The process for submitting Shop Drawings, Submittals and Samples is key to getting the right materials and equipment to the right place at the right time. However, many Contractors, Trade Contractors and Suppliers are struggling with getting timely reviews of the submittals.
This virtual instructor led training workshop is interactive and will review the process from cradle to grave and offer tips and tricks to avoid common mistakes.
The following will be reviewed in this workshop:
- Common Shop Drawing Process as articulated in:
- CCDC-2 – Stipulated Price Contract
- CCA-1 – Stipulated Price Subcontract
- CCA-19 – Stipulated Price Sub-Subcontract
- ACA Form A – Stipulated Price Subcontract
- CCA-5B – Construction Management for Services and Construction Contract
- CCDC-14 – Stipulated Price Design Build Contract
- Procurement Schedule
- Submittal Log
- Review Process
- What to do when the client wants more than what is called for in the Specifications
- ACA Doc E – Alberta Standard Guide for Shop Drawings and Submittal Procedures
- CCA 53 – Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
Who should attend?
Anyone who is involved with the Shop Drawing Process: Managers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Superintendents, Procurement, Quality Control of all levels will benefit from the workshop.