This course can be difficult if using only one (1) monitor. It is recommended to have two monitors - one for your MS Excel and one for the Instructors screen.
The ability to produce cost estimates efficiently and accurately is a critical step in many construction career paths, and a high-demand skill throughout the construction industry. Computer software has become a popular tool for estimating, and Microsoft Excel is the most widely used option. In this one- day course, learn how to produce your estimates more quickly and accurately by harnessing the power of Microsoft Excel.
- Use Excel formulas for typical construction estimating tasks
- Create takeoff sheets for use as templates
- Learn handy shortcuts to streamline estimating
- Link information in worksheets and workbooks
- Accurately calculate profit, overhead, markups, and taxes
- Generate graphs to visually display work product
- Use features such as VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP
- Create Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts to quickly analyze and visualize information
- Explore formulas such as COUNTIF and SUMIF
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who uses (or is considering using) Microsoft Excel for Construction Estimating. Whether you’re a novice or experienced Excel user, you’ll get practice using basic and extended features of Excel for a variety of typical estimating tasks.
This course is for Contractors and Sub-Contractors in all segments of the Construction Industry.