What is VILT? It is the acronym for Virtual Instructor Led Training.
As we continue to work together and practice “Physical (Social) Distancing”, we are offering this course through our virtual classroom. Until restrictions are lifted and we can get back into the training centre, our certified instructors will deliver the complete course online.
Our instructors are trained and certified by Fusion Safety Services, a BCCSA Authorized Training Provider. This confined space course has been approved and accepted as a NCSO compulsory course.
This OSSA accredited course emphasizes the need to recognize confined or restricted spaces, the associated hazards and the required controls. It includes an instructor led PowerPoint presentation, class exercises, videos and a written knowledge test.
For those working in British Columbia, BC Regulation(s) are discussed as it pertains to Confined Space Entry and Monitor.
- The OSSA Regional Code of Practice requirements
- What a Confined Space and Restricted Space is
- The training and competency requirements
- Recognition, evaluation and control of hazards and completing a hazard assessment
- Classification of Confined Space levels
- Alberta legislation requirements (Safety and Protection)
- Hazardous substances and enery (Isolation)
- Testing the atmosphere
- Ventilation and purging
- Neutralization and inerting
- Entry permit system
- Confined Space Monitor responsibilities and duties
- Emergency response
- Personal Protective Equipment
Please Note: Government issued ID is required for certification.
This course is eligible for 1 Gold Seal Credit and 5 BC Housing CPD Points.
Ticket Not Available? Click here
to add yourself to the waitlist. Please describe the ticket type you would like to purchase.