SAFETY MATTERS 24/7
Safety meetings...ALWAYS the second Tuesday of every month!
Discriminatory Action and Discrimination
Guest speaker: Kim Fournier, Employer's Advisors Office
Discriminatory action under WorkSafeBC legislation is completely different form discrimination under the Human Rights Code or other legislation. Discriminatory action under WorkSafeBC legislation must be related to an occupational health and safety issue.
Join our one-hour discussion on the differences and meanings of each process, an overview of the complaint filing systems, as well as, how to ensure that you are following the proper steps when a complaint has been received.
- What is a discriminatory action?
- The differences between discriminatory action and discrimination
- Responding to the complaints
- Evidence - the burden of proof
- Setttlement possibilities (mediation, monetary implications)
ADD date to your calendar...
Please join us, Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 7:00am sharp to discuss this months topic to ensure worker safety!
FREE, but please remember to REGISTER