Become an Owner of Choice!!
BCCA has collaborated with NECI to develop a masterclass on construction procurement to specifically assist public owners in ensuring successful outcomes throughout their tendering processes.
Let’s work together! Procuring construction services in the public sector is a highly specialized practice requiring unique experience, knowledge, and skill. With contractors in demand, resources at a premium, and timelines tight, now more than ever procurement professionals hold the master key to successful project delivery.
This one-day, highly focused workshop reviews foundational best practices in procurement and highlights issues relevant to today’s unique construction market challenges.
- Foundations of competitive contracting law in Canada
- Unique public sector obligations
- Construction delivery options
- Leveraging market intelligence
- Role of bonding and sureties
- Procurement methods
- Evaluation strategies
- Industry templates and resource
- Selecting design professionals
This workshop provides a uniquely tangible return on training dollars, measured by reduced risk of litigation and scope creep, achieved timelines, and more in-budget bids.
- Review public sector procurement obligations and processes
- Examine BC Government’s Capital Asset Management Framework construction as a best practice (and as required)
- Assess the risks and benefits of construction project delivery methods
- Explore collaboration strategies to enhance project success
- Practice identifying the most appropriate procurement process and project delivery method for typical public sector construction scenarios
- For a real project, design a procurement process including the project delivery method.
Ultimately, public owners whose contract opportunities are distinguished by professional well-structured procurement processes and project outcomes will achieve a reputation as "owners of choice", attracting the most bids and the best contractors to their infrastructure projects. This directly translates to demonstrable value for money,
and aligns with public sector obligations for fair, open and transparent procurement practices.
Who Should Attend?
Public sector employees at the local, regional, and provincial level who play a direct or indirect role in managing the procurement process for construction projects, regardless of experience level.
PLEASE NOTE: Separate sessions will be scheduled for contractors, based on demand.
Ticket Not Available? Click here
to add yourself to the waitlist. Please describe the ticket type you would like to purchase.