Construction is a team effort with owners, contractors, architects, and subcontractors performing key functions throughout the lifecycle of a project. The “Building Construction – Putting It All Together” workshop delivers a step-by-step review of the project lifecycle, from initiation through close-out, with specific attention to the unique roles and responsibilities of these stakeholders at each phase.
- Project Initiation - The Owner's Perspective
- The Design Process - Architect's Role
- The Tendering Process - Owner & Contractor's Perspective
- Project Delivery Methods
- Contract Law
- Preconstruction - Roles & Responsibilities: GC, Architect, Subcontractor
- Construction - Roles & Responsibilities: GC, Architect, Owner, Subcontractor
- Post Construction - Roles & Responsibilities: GC, Architect, Owner, Subcontractor
For a more detailed course outline please CLICK HERE.
Exclusive to this worskshop is a comprehensive 300+ page manual that is used as a reference and guide throughout the sessions. The manual is based on accumulated knowledge and experience gathered over 40 years in the construction industry. It is a valuable and effective tool that will be your construction knowledge go-to.
Who Should Attend: General Contractors, Subcontractors, Project Managers/Coordinators, Superintendents, Foremen, Engineers, Owners,
Procurement Professionals, Operations and Administration Personnel in the construction industry.
- Virtual instructor-led training (live and online)
- This course is facilitated by the instructor on the AdobeConnect platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- Four sessions (3.5 hours each) over four days:
- May 25 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
- May 26 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
- June 1 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
- June 2 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Next Scheduled Date: TBA
Attendance in all sessions is mandatory for course completion. Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation):
This course requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
This course is offered in partnership with construction associations across Canada.
Ticket Not Available? Click here
to add yourself to the waitlist. Please describe the ticket type you would like to purchase.