Only 5 seats available!!
More and more frequently private sector companies and government organizations are releasing RFPs as part of their procurement process and moving away from traditional bidding. Construction companies often win or lose contracts based on their responses to an RFP. Answering a Request for Proposal (RFP) effectively requires knowledge, understanding and a proposed solution of the subject, while convincing the potential Owner that your company is the best suited to build their project.
In this interactive and hands-on course, you’ll have the opportunity to work through a case study of a real RFP and develop a response. Plus, you’ll receive a course manual packed with resources including checklists, spreadsheets, and ‘how-tos’ to use when you’re back on the job.
- Learn the key differences between a Request for Quotation (RFQ) and the typical prequalification
- Learn the fundamental differences between an RFP and the traditional bid process
- Analyze the RFP and create a successful strategy for developing a winning response
- Learn how responses to RFP’s are evaluated and how best to address the criteria
- Review a Case Study of an actual RFP
- Create an RFP response to the Case Study and present your RFP proposal
View the full course outline HERE
Attendance in all three sessions is mandatory for course completion. *Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
Who should attend?
Contractors, Trade Contractors and allied professionals in the construction industry.
1 CCA Gold Seal credit
This course is offered in partnership with the Vancouver Regional Construction Association (VRCA) and Vancouver Island Construction Association (VICA).