Forman is the newest Gold Seal designation.
This course is eligible for education credits on your Gold Seal application.
This course is designed to provide Foremen of all levels of experience and all trades with a strong foundation in practical task planning. It also serves as a good back-to-basics refresher for Superintendents.
Working with hands-on, practical exercises, you will work through the various elements needed to put together a complete activity plan for your crew.
- Identify the benefits of planning and why we do it
- Understand what planning is, who should do it, what we should plan and when
- Follow the Planning Cycle of Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Know where to gather the information needed to put together a solid plan
- Plan crew task activities including: safety considerations, quality controls, manpower needs, material needs, equipment needs and working with other trades
- Build a 2 week lookahead schedule
- Create daily crew work plans
- Monitor and correct/update the plan if it goes off track
- Communicate the plan to others
- Using templates provided, develop your own task plans, 2 week lookahead schedules and daily crew plans
- Gather useful historical information to improve their future planning
Register 3+ and SAVE $50 each!
- 1 CCA Gold Seal credits
- 13 BC Housing CPD points