This course replaces the former OSSA-approved Fall Protection training courses.
This one-day course was designed for workers who need basic fall protection training to work in areas with potential fall hazards. Upon course completion, students will have the ability to assess and evaluate fall arrest systems, and to develop and implement fall protection plans.
- Fall protection concepts
- Legislation and regulations
- Safety measures and best practices
- Identifying and assessing fall hazards
- Fall arrest systems and equipment
- Protection planning
- Effects of a fall and fall rescue planning
- Participants will engage in hands-on training activities, including inspecting, fitting, adjusting and connecting fall protection systems and components
Note: While this basic course can be used as part of a worker's competency assessment, the employer must designate a worker as a "competent person" based on the specific tasks assigned.
This course is eligible for 1 Gold Seal Credit and 15 BC Housing CPD Points.