This course provides the fundamentals of project management based on the Project Management Institute (PMI)® standards and guidelines. It gives a comprehensive overview of project management techniques so you can effectively plan, manage, and control small to medium sized projects and achieve immediate improvements on project performance. Theory and practical examples of these methodologies are provided in an interactive format.
This 2 day workshop prepares students for more advanced project management workshops and project management certification preparation programs, including Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification preparation workshops (PM 400 and PM 402).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to understand and apply project management techniques to their current and future projects.
- Prioritise your projects and workload
- Create SMART project goals
- Establish a comprehensive project plan following the Project Management Framework based on PMI® standards
- Recruit and manage high performing teams
- Identify and agree on realistic client/customer requirements
- Create a work breakdown structure that makes your projects easier to manage
- Establish reliable project budgets and schedules
- Implement project tracking techniques
- Create effective strategies to control the project budget, schedule, and quality
Who Should Attend:
PM 100 is ideal for new project managers who want an overview of the project management framework based on the PMI® standards or for more experienced project managers without previous formal project management training.
There are no prerequisite for this course.
For more information on PM 100 click Course Outline
Registration fee includes LUNCH for both days.
- 2 CCA Gold Seal credits
- 32 BC Housing CPD points