This recognized OSSA course has been approved and accepted through the BC Construction Safety Alliance (BCCSA) as a NCSO compulsory course.
Our instructors are trained and certified by Fusion Safety Services, a licensed OSSA and BCCSA Approved Training Provider.
The Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA) was established to increase awareness of workplace health and safety through implementing safety practices and training standards for the Oil Sands industry.
For those working in British Columbia, BC Regulation(s) are discussed as it pertains to Fall Protection.
The OSSA Fall Protection course is 8 hours in duration and emphasizes the use of fall protection equipment, and its proper use, care and maintenance. It includes an instructor led powerpoint presentation, practical exercises, class discussions, videos, written knowledge test and practical exam.
- The OSSA fall protection standard requirements
- Alberta legislation as it relates to fall protection
- Fall restraint verses fall arrest
- Types of falls and effects
- Fall protection planning
- The training and competency requirements
- Rescue and escape planning
- Recognition, evaluation and control of hazards
- Completing a hazard assessment
- Fall arrest calculations
- Proper donning and doffing of fall protection equipment
Please Note: Government issued ID is required for certification.
This course is eligible for 1 Gold Seal Credit and 16 BC Housing CPD Points.