This recognized OSSA course has been approved and accepted through the BC Construction Safety Alliance (BCCSA) as a NCSO elective course.
Our instructors are trained and certified by Fusion Safety Services, a licensed OSSA and BCCSA Approved Training Provider.
The Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA) was established to increase awareness of workplace health and safety through implementing safety practices and training standards for the Oil Sands industry.
For those working in British Columbia, BC Regulation(s) are discussed as it pertains to Confined Space Entry and Monitor.
The OSSA Confined Space Entry and Monitor course is 6 hours in duration and emphasizes the need to recognize confined or restricted spaces, the associated hazards and the required controls. It includes an instructor led PowerPoint presentation, practical exercises, class discussions, videos, written knowledge test and practical exam.
- The OSSA Regional Code of Practice requirements
- What a Confined Space and Restricted Space is
- The training and competency requirements
- Recognition, evaluation and control of hazards and completing a hazard assessment
- Classification of Confined Space levels
- Alberta legislation requirements (Safety and Protection)
- Hazardous substances and enery (Isolation)
- Testing the atmosphere
- Ventilation and purging
- Neutralization and inerting
- Entry permit system
- Confined Space Monitor responsibilities and duties
- Emergency response
- Personal Protective Equipment
Please Note: Government issued ID is required for certification.
This course is eligible for 1 Gold Seal Credit and 12 BC Housing CPD Points.