Our instructors are trained and certified by Fusion Safety Services, a licensed OSSA and BCCSA Approved Training Provider.
The Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA) was established to increase awareness of workplace health and safety through implementing safety practices and training standards for the Oil Sands industry.
For those working in British Columbia, BC Regulation(s) are discussed as it pertains to Elevated Work Platforms.
The OSSA Elevated Work Platform course is 8 hours in duration and emphasizes on the proper use, care and maintenance pertaining to elevated work platforms. It includes an instructor led powerpoint presentation, videos, class exercises, written knowledge test, inspection and use of an articulating boom lift. This certification covers boom and scissor lifts.
- Alberta Legislation and standards as they relate to elevated work platforms
- Employer and worker responsibilities
- Elements of pre-work planning
- Load limitations and calculations
- Pre-use check and visual inspection
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- System components
- Working from heights
- Platform types
- Machine specific features
- Safe operation
- The training and competency requirements
- Rescue and escape planning
- Recognition, evaluation, and control of hazards
MANDATORY for Elevated Work Platform training:
- Copy of your fall protection certificate
- PPE - CSA approved
- Safety Footwear
- Highly Visible Vest
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
Please Note: Government issued ID is required for certification.
This course is eligible for 1 Gold Seal Credit and 16 BC Housing CPD Points.