This comprehensive and practical course is designed to provide an introduction to asbestos abatement work. It is a WorkSafeBC requirement that any worker who is at risk of exposure to asbestos must be trained in the hazards of asbestos, safe work procedures, the correct use of personal protective equipment and engineering controls.
This course is primarily designed for workers in the hazardous materials abatement and restoration industries. However, many general construction workers and specialist tradespeople, such as plumbers and electricians, routinely disturb asbestos materials during the course of their work and would benefit from learning safe work practices.
WorkSafeBC has issued written compliance orders because workers have disturbed asbestos without suitable training.
Morning – Asbestos Awareness Training
- Student and trainer introductions
- Asbestos in the environment
- Health effects associated with asbestos exposure
- The use of asbestos in buildings
- Asbestos abatement procedures;
- Provincial and Federal regulations for abatement, transport and disposal of asbestos
- Bulk and air sample analysis overview
- Asbestos Awareness Exam
Afternoon – High Risk Asbestos Worker Training
- Moderate Risk Work Procedures
- Modified Moderate Risk Work Procedures
- High Risk Work Procedures
- PPE Demonstration
- Overview of high and moderate risk containments and decontamination procedures
- Final Exam
- Exam Review
Members Only - Register 3 or more employees and SAVE $50 each!