Our instructor is trained and certified by Fusion Safety Services; a licensed OSSA training provider.
This one day course was developed for workers who require training to utilize elevated work platforms. All workers must be trained in the system components, inspection, safe use and handling. It includes an instructor led powerpoint presentation, videos, class exercises, inspection and use of an EWP and written knowledge test.
- Legislation and standards as they relate to elevated work platforms
- Employer and worker responsibilities
- Elements of pre-work planning
- Load limitations and calculations
- Pre-use check and visual inspection
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- System components
- Working from heights
- Platform types
- Machine specific features
- Safe operation
- The training and competency requirements
- Rescue and escape planning
- Recognition, evaluation, and control of hazards
MANDATORY for Elevated Work Platform training:
- Proof of Fall Protection certification
- The following PPE - CSA approved
- Safety Footwear
- Highly Visible Vest
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
Please Note: Government issued ID is required for certification.
This course is eligible for 1 Gold Seal Credit and 16 CPD Points.