This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA).
This training program will provide you with knowledge and skills to visualize the scope and magnitude of a construction project and produce reliable estimates. This is accomplished by reveiwing drawings through various phases of a project with the aim of determining the quantity and type of materials required for the project.
- Have a good understanding of estimating practices
- Know site-specific conditions and regulatory requirements
- Know how to handle the purchasing and logistics associated with materials on the job
- Know how to manage materials on site
- Organize cost data in a clear and logical manner
- Have the ability to keep historical information related to costs (including those associated with labour, material, overhead, equipment and availability of required items)
- Know how and when to update historical information related to costs
- Assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines
- Provide on-site solutions to work-related problems in relation to equipment and material placement
This course is available in English and French.
Duration: 4 hours | $150.00 +GST
- 2 CCA Gold Seal Credits
- 8 BC Housing CPD points, Formal, Group A
Ticket Not Available? Click here
to add yourself to the waitlist. Please describe the ticket type you would like to purchase.