This course is designed to teach and familiarize owners, managers, supervisors, and project managers with construction contracts and contract law, liabilities and responsibilities of all parties to a contract, compiling and submitting proper extras and claims, and ways and means for leaders to avoid conflict with contracts, owners, trades, and labour.
- Understand the origins of law
- Understand what a contract is and what makes a contract valid or invalid
- Understand the roles in the construction industry as they apply to contract law
- Know the different types of construction contracts
- Interpret contracts
- Understand what a custom contract consists of
- Understand the principals of surety and the differnce types of bonds that are used
- Know what type of insurance is required in the construction industry
- Understand claims, the reason for claims and the process of making a claim
- Know the acts and regulations that are relevant to the construction industry
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA); worth 2 Gold Seal credits.
This course is available in English and French.
Duration: 4 hours | $150.00 +GST
Ticket Not Available? Click here
to add yourself to the waitlist. Please describe the ticket type you would like to purchase.