CSTS 2020 is the upgraded version of CSTS-09.
CSTS 2020 consists of the CSTS 2020 Fundamentals module and 20 ADD-On modules. It is mobile friendly and requires internet access for all devices. This program has become a pre-entry requirement for many construction industry work sites.
On its own, the Fundamentals module is an interactive nine-module online course that serves as a general construction site orientation for workers new to the construction industry. It is inclusive of industrial, commercial and residential construction and it takes approximateley 2 - 3 hours to complete.
CSTS 2020 Fundamentals Module:
- Worker and Employer Responsibilities
- Work Site Expectations
- Hazard Management
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual Lifting
- Hand Tools
- Emergency Response Preparedness
The CSTS 2020 Fundamentals will also be supported by ADD-On Modules which take 5 and 15 minutes each to complete, to help employers customize their site orientations to fit their specific needs.
CSTS ADD-On Modules:
- Basic Ladder Safety
- Basic Scaffold Safety
- Confined Space Awareness
- Controlling Hazardous Energy and Lockout/Tagout
- Driving and Journey Management
- Environmental Protection
- Excavations and Exposing Utilities
- Framing Hazards and Controls
- Introduction to Respiratory Protection Equipment
- Mobile Equipment Awareness
- Propane on the Work Site
- Pumpjack Scaffold Safety
- Rigging, Hoists, and Cranes
- Roofing Hazards & Controls
- Types & Uses of Safeguards
- Working Around Concrete Pump Trucks
- Working at Height
- Working Safely With Drywall
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
Modules currently available are in BOLD
Note: All 20 ADD-On Modules will be available by December 31, 2020
Q: How do I know what CSTS 2020 ADD-On modules I need to complete to get worksite access?
A: It is your employer’s responsibility to determine the ADD-On modules they require for your worksite access. If you're not currently employed we recommend you complete them all.
SICA is offering the CSTS 2020 for $20.00 +GST. This administration fee will cover the course setup, delivery of your login information and any technical support you may require during the completion of your course. The ACSA is offering the CSTS 2020 at no cost when you register on their website directly. Should you have any questions, please contact 250-491-7330 or email@example.com.