CSTS 2020 is the upgraded version of CSTS-09.
CSTS 2020 consists of the CSTS 2020 Fundamentals module and 20 optional Add-on Modules. It is mobile friendly and requires internet access for all devices. This program has become a pre-entry requirement for many construction industry work sites.
On its own, the Fundamentals module is an interactive nine-module online course that serves as a general construction site orientation for workers new to the construction industry. It is inclusive of industrial, commercial, and residential construction and it takes approximately 2 - 3 hours to complete.
CSTS 2020 Fundamentals Module:
- Worker and Employer Responsibilities
- Work Site Expectations
- Hazard Management
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual Lifting
- Hand Tools
- Emergency Response Preparedness
The job-specific Add-on Modules allow employers to customize the CSTS training to fit their specific site requirements. The modules range between 5 to 15 minutes each and can be taken separately.
CSTS ADD-On Modules:
- Basic Ladder Safety
- Basic Scaffold Safety
- Confined Space Awareness
- Controlling Hazardous Energy and Lockout/Tagout
- Driving and Journey Management
- Environmental Protection
- Excavations and Exposing Utilities
- Framing Hazards and Controls
- Inclusive Dialogues (2 hours)
- Introduction to Respiratory Protection Equipment
- Mobile Equipment Awareness
- Propane on the Work Site
- Pumpjack Scaffold Safety
- Rigging, Hoists, and Cranes
- Roofing Hazards & Controls
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Types & Uses of Safeguards
- Working Around Concrete Pump Trucks
- Working at Height
- Working Safely With Drywall
Q: How do I know what CSTS 2020 ADD-On modules I need to complete to get worksite access?
A: It is your employer’s responsibility to determine the ADD-On modules they require for your worksite access. If you're not currently employed, we recommend you complete them all.
SICA is offering the CSTS 2020 for $20.00 +GST. This administration fee will cover the course setup, delivery of your login information, and any technical support you may require during the completion of your course. The ACSA is offering the CSTS 2020 at no cost when you register on their website directly. Should you have any questions, please contact 778-721-8451 or firstname.lastname@example.org.