When you think of benefits, dental and extended health care usually come to mind first. Those are important as well as catastrophic coverage such as accidental death and dismemberment, disability, and critical illness, but there are other benefits as well. The BCCA Employee Benefits’ plans offer other services including:
- Access to employee and family assistance that provides counselling and other work/life services as well as access to an online portal with resources for our clients and their employees.
- Access to health and wellness tools through their extended health provider – My Good Health with Pacific Blue Cross and Change4Life with Green Shield Canada. These may include health assessments, health calculators, and guides and are accessible by members on those plans.
- Great-West Life has a great resource for employees and employers focussing on mental health. The Workplace Strategies for Mental Health website is free for anyone to access.
- Our partner, Copeman Healthcare is a private health clinic that offers comprehensive health assessments and ongoing care. This is a fee-for-service addition to the plan and can be accessed by both employees and employers.
- Most employees on our plan have access to Everest Funeral Planning and Concierge Service. This service, free to our clients, provides advice and is a resource during a difficult and stressful time.
- Employees of our clients can contact us directly with their questions, freeing up valuable time for staff and owners and helping eliminate privacy concerns.
BCCA Employee Benefits was built by the construction industry for the construction industry. We offer group benefits, plans for professionals and executives, Hour Bank plans and stand-alone critical illness insurance. If you’re looking for an employee benefits plan that includes these services or would like more information, please call us – we’d be happy to chat.
This article first appeared in the Spring 2017 issue of SICA's Construction Review Magazine. To read the entire magazine click here.
Message Delivered, Message Received
All Parties at the Table | SICA CCO Workshop
TAX ALERT – Government Simplifies Measures to Rein in Income Sprinkling
Member Spotlight: Ok Excavating
Employee Benefits are Your Secret Weapon when Life Gets Tough!
Construction and Cyber Risk: An Overview
The Devil is in the Details: A Cautionary Tale about Filing Builders Liens
Could Tax Issues Throw Your Business Off Track?
Top Five Reasons for Having an Employee Benefits Plan
Southern Interior Construction Association Announces New CEO
Kelowna Police Services Building wins Commercial Building Awards
Looking to Grow and Expand | Are you thinking far enough ahead?
A Businesslike Approach to Safety – A Safety Management System
Record number of Commercial Building Awards Finalists
All in the Family | Generations in business share their secrets
Insurance: Wrap Up versus Non Wrap Up. It’s important to know the difference. Do you?
5 ways your accountant can support you in strong real estate market
Maximizing Efficiency in Dispute Resolution: Help Tell Your Story
Building Information Modelling: A powerful tool for design efficiency
Heavy Lifting | A program for students interested in heavy equipment operation
Member Spotlight: Secure-Right Mobile Storage Inc.
The future is friendly: making the link between innovation and CSR
Legal Talk: Modernizing your Construction Agreements
Carbon Tax in Construction – What You Need to Know
Reaching the Millennials | Attracting the right people is in how the story is told
Innovation key as the BC construction industry steps into a modern trades training future
Okanagan College Trades Building wins top honours at SICA Commercial Building Awards
Commercial Building Awards - Finalists Announced!
As a Member you are a part of a collective voice, the SICA voice. Together, our voice is changing the construction community and helping your business grow through advocacy, networking events, affinity programs, direct business leads and more. Our voices promotes fairness, transparency and open communication in the construction industry. Join SICA to grow your business today and be a voice for our industry tomorrow.JOIN NOW