Kelowna Police Services Building wins Commercial Building Awards
Kelowna Police Services Building was named the Judges’ Choice Best Overall winner at the 9th Thompson Okanagan Kootenay Commercial Building Awards Thursday, September 28 at Manteo Resort.
The downtown Kelowna building topped a field of a record 36 , and was also named the Award of Excellence winner in the Community Institutional category. Kasian was the Architect/Designer and Bird Construction was the Developer/General Contractor.
Gold Sponsors for the event were RE/MAX Commercial, MNP LLP and the Southern Interior Construction Association, and Black Press was the Media Sponsor. Category sponsors include Woodworks BC, RBC Royal Bank NAI Commercial Okanagan, Heimann & Sons Masonry Inc., NCA Commercial and Greensheet Construction Review.
Radio personality Tamara Joel of Kelowna’s EZ Rock was Master of Ceremonies for the sold-out event, which celebrated the best in commercial and industrial buildings completed prior to July 31, 2017 in the Thompson (Kamloops and Salmon Arm), Okanagan (Vernon to Osoyoos) and Kootenay (Nelson to Cranbrook and Golden) regions.
Last year’s Judges’ Choice Best Overall winner was the Okanagan College Trades Building in Kelowna.
Other Award of Excellence winners in their categories were:
- Civil: Idlewild Dam of Cranbrook. The City of Cranbrook was the owner, and Mackay Contracting was the General Contractor and New Dawn Developments Ltd. Sub Contractor.
- Hospitality: Penticton Lakeside Resort Hotel. Owner/Developers are RPB Hotels, HDR/CEI Architecture Associates the Architect/Designer and Greyback Construction the General Contractor.
- Industrial: Houle Electric of Kelowna, which designed and served as General Contractor for the project
- Mixed Use: Pinnacle Professional Building of Castlegar. Willow Enewold and Chris Brien are the owners and designer, and Maida Custom Homes the Developer and General Contractor.
- Multi-Family: Central Green of Kelowna. Owner is Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society, Patrick McCusker Architects the Architect/Designer and VanMar Constructors Ltd. the General Contractor.
- Office: Okanagan Centre For Innovation of Kelowna. Meiklejohn Architects Inc. was the Architect, and General Contractor was Sawchuk Developments.
- Renovation: SQM Research Centre of Vernon. SQM Group is the owner, Lund Architect Ltd. the Architect/Designer, and Heartwood Homes Ltd. the General Contractor.
- Retail: Kelowna Fruit Stand. GTA Architecture was the Architect/Designer, and Roger LeBlanc the General Contractor.
- Seniors’ Housing: The Residences at Orchards Walk of Kamloops. Owner is Valley Residences Limited Partnership, Architect/Designer Philip MacDonald Architect, and Orchards Walk Developments the Developer/General Contractor.
- Shopping Centres: Airport Village Shopping Centre of Kelowna. Owner/Developer is Mission Group, Urban Design Group Architects the Architect/Designer, and Norson Construction Ltd. the General Contractor.
- The Wood Construction Award went to the Osoyoos Indian Band Administration Building of Oliver. Owner is Osoyoos Indian Band, Architect/Designer Womer and Associates and General Contractor Greyback Construction.
Award of Merit (runners-up) winners were:
- Community Institutional: Bright From The Start Child Care of Penticton.
- Hospitality: Greata Ranch Winery of Peachland.
- Industrial: BCAA Vernon.
- Multi-Family: Epic Citihomes of Kelowna and The Heights of Vernon.
- Office: Foundry Kelowna.
- Renovation: 8th Generation Wine Shop of Summerland.
- Shopping Centres: Lakeview Village Shopping Centre of West Kelowna.
The Official Souvenir Program is at https://issuu.com/markmacdonald36/docs/2017_tok_cba_pageslr
For further information, contact Mark MacDonald at email@example.com.
Photo Credit: CTQ Consultants
Looking to Grow and Expand | Are you thinking far enough ahead?
A Businesslike Approach to Safety – A Safety Management System
Record number of Commercial Building Awards Finalists
All in the Family | Generations in business share their secrets
Insurance: Wrap Up versus Non Wrap Up. It’s important to know the difference. Do you?
5 ways your accountant can support you in strong real estate market
Maximizing Efficiency in Dispute Resolution: Help Tell Your Story
Building Information Modelling: A powerful tool for design efficiency
Heavy Lifting | A program for students interested in heavy equipment operation
Member Spotlight: Secure-Right Mobile Storage Inc.
The future is friendly: making the link between innovation and CSR
Legal Talk: Modernizing your Construction Agreements
Carbon Tax in Construction – What You Need to Know
Reaching the Millennials | Attracting the right people is in how the story is told
Innovation key as the BC construction industry steps into a modern trades training future
Okanagan College Trades Building wins top honours at SICA Commercial Building Awards
A word from the COO 2015
Commercial Building Awards - Finalists Announced!
As a Member you are a part of a collective voice, the SICA voice. Together, our voice is changing the construction community and helping your business grow through advocacy, networking events, affinity programs, direct business leads and more. Our voices promotes fairness, transparency and open communication in the construction industry. Join SICA to grow your business today and be a voice for our industry tomorrow.JOIN NOW