Spotlight: PBX Engineering Ltd.
Member Spotlight: PBX Engineering for SICA
When was PBX Engineering founded?
Since 1996, PBX Engineering has been delivering a complete range of design and deployment services for infrastructure projects throughout North America. Over 24 years of consistent and strategic growth has resulted in the assembly of a group of talented professionals with diverse skillsets and backgrounds that form the PBX design team. Many on the team have been recognized for outstanding achievement in their fields, and together they represent decades of collective experience. This convergence of skill and experience is what drives the development of the practical, innovative, and effective solutions for which we have become known.
What services do you provide?
PBX Engineering Ltd. is a full-service consulting, electrical engineering, software development, systems integration, and project management firm. We provide a complete range of design and deployment services across six distinct business units: Automation, Buildings, Industrial, Integrated Security, Municipal Utilities, and Transportation. We provide a comprehensive suite of services that covers the complete project lifecycle. We plan, design, work with contractors, test, commission, and everything in between; from high level planning studies to splicing wires and testing devices; from suits and ties to coveralls and steel-toed boots. We support clients with projects ranging in size from small to very large, and in scope from stand-alone to highly integrated.
What would you like SICA Members to know about PBX Engineering?
Our designs work. We believe our job is to make sure that contractors can do their job efficiently and effectively, and that the client’s requirements are met on budget and on time.
Equally as important, we pride ourselves on being the type of firm that doesn’t just do good work, but is also good to work with. We are a group of passionate professionals who enjoy what we do, and that attitude is reflected in the long-term relationships we build with our clients and colleagues.
What sets PBX Engineering apart from the competition?
We are a truly diversified organization – we punch way above our weight in offering a breadth and depth of skills and experience across industries that few firms can match. Each project within a given industry benefits from cross-functional experience applied from our other areas of practice. With PBX, there are no surprises during construction – the level of detail applied to our design packages, and the practical constructability that comes from our hands-on experience truly differentiates us from our competitors.
What are some major projects that PBX Engineering has worked on?
We are proud of the 22 provincial, national, and international awards that our design team has won. Major projects include:
- Kamloops Regional Correctional Centre Security Upgrade
- BC Cancer PET/CT Expansion, Victoria
- Telus Albion CO Electrical Upgrades, Victoria
- Maple Avenue Condominiums, Victoria
- St. James Anglican Church, Life Safety upgrade
- Service Canada and Passport Office Consolidation
- North and South Seabus Terminal Equipment Replacement
- RCMP Community Policing Office (CPO) Richmond
- Britannia Mine Museum BOOM
- Ski Lift Control System Upgrades, Marmot, Lake Louise, Whistler
- Tramway Electrical System Retrofit, Grouse Mountain
- Automated Avalanche Detection System, Stewart, BC
- Wildlife Detection System, Elko/ Sparwood, BC
- Variable Speed Limit System, Highways 1, 5, and 99
- Centerm Container Terminal Expansion Project, Vancouver
- Neptune Terminal Infrastructure upgrades, Vancouver
- George Massey Tunnel Counterflow System
- Lions Gate Bridge Counterflow System
- Regional Fibre Optic Implementation, Lower Mainland
- Hundreds of Electric Vehicle charging stations throughout BC
- Hundreds of water/wastewater pump/lift stations throughout BC
- Thousands of traffic signal and lighting designs throughout BC
For more information regarding PBX Engineering’s projects visit pbxeng.com.
Contact PBX Engineering: pbxeng.com
Spotlight: North Mountain Construction
Spotlight - Aurora Electric Inc.
Spotlight Anvil Ironworks
Spotlight Elite Formwork
Spotlight ENCO Construction
Spotlight: Okanagan Insulation Services
Spotlight KCW Construction
Spotlight: GeoTility Geothermal Installations Corp.
Spotlight: Acres Enterprises Ltd.
As a Member you are a part of a collective voice, the SICA voice. Together, our voice is changing the construction community and helping your business grow through advocacy, networking events, affinity programs, direct business leads and more. Our voices promotes fairness, transparency and open communication in the construction industry. Join SICA to grow your business today and be a voice for our industry tomorrow.JOIN NOW