What is Gold Seal?
The CCA Gold Seal Certification Program is a national certification program for construction Project Managers, Superintendents, Estimators, Construction Safety Coordinators and Owners’ Construction Managers. Certification is based on the candidate's industry experience, education & training and their ability to satisfy the rigorous standards of the program through the successful completion of a Gold Seal exam. The Gold Seal Certificate was developed by the industry and is a voluntary certification program for the individual. The Certificate signifies that the individual has attained a nationally recognized level of experience and competence as a Project Manager, Superintendent, Estimator, Construction Safety Coordinator or Owners’ Construction Manager.
Benefits of Gold Seal
Gold Seal Certified credentials:
- are a reflection of your skill, competence and experience
- enhance job mobility and professional development
- showcase your commitment to the profession
- give you a competitive edge in your career
- enhance the image of your industry
Type of Gold Seal Certification
To qualify to apply under the Examination Criteria, an individual must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience plus 25 education and training credits with a minimum overall score of 100 Gold Seal Certification points.
Gold Seal Exams are held three times a year; January, April and October.
For those who do not have enough credit points to qualify to write the Gold Seal exam, applicants can be certified as an Intern as long as they meet the minimum requirements listed below. Interns would then have 5 years to get the necessary criteria to be eligible to write the exam.
- Have a minimum of 1 year of Canadian work experience in the Designation applied for; or,
- Have a minimum of 2 years of Canadian work experience in an assistant position in the Designation applied for ; or,
- Must be enrolled in an employer-sponsored education program leading to the recognition as a Project Manager, Estimator or Superintendent.
- Employment as a Project Coordinator, Assistant Project Manager, Assistant Superintendent or junior Estimator is considered to be an employer-sponsored program The application must be accompanied by a letter of endorsement by the employer.
Professional, Gold Seal Certified P. GSC
To qualify for designation of Professional, Gold Seal Certified, it is open to candidates who have:
- obtained a Gold Seal Certificate
- submitted an application form detailing their professional upgrading activities
- paid the applicable fees (a new application is required every 2 years).
Every two years you will need to demonstrate you are still working in the designation.
Application for Professional, Gold Seal Certified (P.GSC) Applicants (PDF)
How to get Started
Step 1: Determine which type of application to use.
Step 2: Fill out the application online. Ensure to complete all required fields, have copies of your training & education certificates and obtain your "Letter of Recommendation" from your employer (electronic files required for attachment).
Step 3: Review and submit your payment online.
Have questions or need help? Please call us at 250.491.7330 or email email@example.com
For more information please visit http://www.goldsealcertification.com/